Crystal Palace boss Neil Warnock wants to re-sign Chelsea winger Scott Sinclair on loan in January.

Sinclair was a big hit at Selhurst Park during a two-month loan spell towards the end of last season and Warnock believes the 19-year-old would welcome a return to south-east London in the new year.

"We are quietly confident about getting Scott Sinclair," Warnock told the Croydon Advertiser.

"We've spoken to his agent and he has told me that we are Scott's number one choice should he decide to go out on loan."

Sinclair has made just one appearance for Chelsea this season, as a substitute in the Carling Cup win over Portsmouth last month.

Meanwhile, Palace have opened talks with West Brom over extending Craig Beattie's loan deal.

The 24-year-old striker has yet to be on the losing side in three matches for Palace and scored a memorable winner in the recent south London derby win over Charlton.

His initial one-month loan spell ends following the home game against Nottingham Forest on October 28, but Eagles boss Neil Warnock has already been in touch with West Brom counterpart Tony Mowbray over a possible extension.

"We sincerely hope we can keep Craig beyond the month and I know Neil has spoken to Tony Mowbray about it already," assistant-manager Mick Jones told the South London Press.

"We might get news on that sooner rather than later - Craig has had a big effect on the training ground and in the dressing room."

Copyright (c) PA Sport 2008, All Rights Reserved.

Topics:
#Portsmouth
#West Bromwich Albion
#Football
#League Cup
#Chelsea
#Craig Beattie
#Nottingham Forest
#Crystal Palace
#Scott Sinclair
#Charlton Athletic