It's been a promising summer transfer window for Chelsea.
The Blues have recruited Michy Batshuayi and N'Golo Kante for a combined £65 million so far and look likely to make one or two further signings.
A new centre-back is what Antonio Conte is reportedly on the lookout for, with only Gary Cahill, captain John Terry and Matt Miazga to chose from in Kurt Zouma's absence.
SIGN UP NOW
Want to become a GMS writer? Sign up now and submit a 250-word test article: http://gms.to/haveyoursay4
The Italian hasn't enjoyed much success where defensive reinforcements are concerned but fresh reports suggest that could be about to change.
And he's prepared to smash the club's transfer record to do so.
According to the Telegraph, Chelsea are lining up a £60 million move for Napoli centre-back Kalidou Koulibaly having seen a £38 million bid rejected earlier this month.
It's understood Conte not only wants to add greater quality at the back but also provide competition, especially so with Zouma due to return later this year.
Chelsea were defensively poor last season and so, by having more options to chose from, Conte will hope the added pressure of fighting for a place will urge his players to up their performances.
In targeting Koulibaly, it would seem the Blues have put moves for Real Madrid's Raphael Varane and Juventus' Leonardo Bonucci on hold. Both of whom would also cost somewhere in the region of £50 million.
And sign a centre-back Conte must if he is to win the Premier League.
Following Chelsea's win over West Ham on Monday night, the 47-year-old - winner of eight Serie A titles as a player and coach - said his side will be challenging for the title "very, very soon".
"After a bad season, 10th place was no good for the players," he said, per the Daily Mail. "Confidence was low and the fans weren't happy with this situation.
"But I know only one word that we must follow and that is to work, and to work very hard.
"If we stay together, in bad and in good situations, very, very soon we will try to go back to playing for the title.
"It's not easy, but we must try and we must find the right motivation, the right spirit to fight."
Conte believes his players can draw inspiration from former club Juventus and the way they dominated Italian football after a poor patch.
He added: "Juventus hadn't won the title for many, many years and at the start it did not appear easy. Confidence was low and the players didn't trust themselves.
"It's important to work in that situation and I remember we worked very hard."