Injured striker Fernando Torres is anticipating a tough evening for his Liverpool team-mates as they prepare to face his former club Atletico Madrid at the Vicente Calderon.
Torres may have to watch the match from afar after remaining in England to continue his recovery from a hamstring injury, but he is still one of the best-placed people to analyse the Champions League clash.
"It will be difficult game," he said. "Atletico have started the Champions League phenomenally well and they will try to move closer to qualifying in front of their fans."
The 24-year-old spent 12 years at home-town club Atletico before joining Liverpool in a big-money move in 2007, and during his time in Spain he became the Rojiblancos' youngest-ever captain while still a teenager.
Disappointingly for both Torres and the Liverpool and Atletico fans who were hoping to see him action, the prolific hitman was ruled out after suffering an injury while on international duty with Spain last week.
"To not be in the Calderon on Wednesday is a huge disappointment," Torres said. "It was very special for me to be able to play this game, but unfortunately it is not to be.
"If we claim these three points we will take a very big step towards the last 16. As I have already said, my wish is that we both qualify and after the first few rounds of matches we are both on track. Now all that remains is to finish it off."
Torres had received an invitation from Atletico to watch the match at the Vicente Calderon as their VIP guest, but the striker has stayed in England due to his injury.
"I want to thank Atletico Madrid for their invitation. I'm sorry for the fans, but after meeting with the coach, the medical staff and the physiotherapists we have decided that it was best for me to remain in Liverpool because I would have lost virtually two days of recuperation," he said.
"At this phase we cannot afford ourselves this luxury."
Copyright (c) PA Sport 2008, All Rights Reserved.