Anthony Joshua's promoter Eddie Hearn has said that the Brit will definitely defend his heavyweight title in December, but it may not be against Wladimir Klitschko.
IBF Heavyweight Champion Joshua has agreed to fight the Ukrainian in Manchester on December 10, but Klitschko is yet to commit to the fight as he is waiting to see if a version of the WBA title will be on the line.
Recent reports suggest that the Ukrainian has set up an alternative fight in Germany, which has led Hearn to draw up a list of replacements to fight Joshua in December.
SUBMIT AN ARTICLE
Apply to become a GMS writer by signing up and submitting a 250-word test article: http://gms.to/haveyoursay5
He told SkySports: "With the hold up from the WBA, we need a little more time, so regardless of if it's Klitschko or not, AJ will return on December 10 in Manchester."
However, Hearn is still hopeful that it will be the 40-year-old that Joshua takes on at the Manchester Arena.
"We are beginning discussions with other opponents now while crossing our fingers that Klitschko takes the fight, regardless of how many belts are on the line.
"In an ideal world, there would be as many belts as possible on the line, but I hope he takes up the challenge rather than a soft touch in Germany."
The WBA is expected to make a decision on the WBA 'Super' title that was vacated by Tyson Fury last week following the Gypsy King's comments about taking cocaine throughout his career.
Fans will be hoping there will be enough on the line to tempt Klitschko into a bout with Joshua in December as a clash between the two is long overdue.
Whoever he faces, whether it's the seasoned Ukrainian or not, 27-year-old Joshua will want to put on a show and defend his title on home soil in December.