Young Australian tennis star Nick Kyrgios has been confirmed to take part in the NBA's All-Star Celebrity Game in February.
The 21-year-old was scheduled to play in an ATP tournament in Rotterdam at that time but he has been allowed to pull out in order to compete in showpiece event in New Orleans next year.
Kygrios is a huge NBA fan and couldn't turn down the opportunity to be involved in the All-Star Weekend from February 17-19.
Tournament director Richard Krajicek - a former Wimbledon champion - explained why he was more than happy to allow Kyrgios out of his contract for the Rotterdam competition despite announcing him as one of its star players just last month.
Krajicek said: "Kyrgios is a big NBA fan and the chance to stand on the court with Michael Jordan is unique.
"It does not make much sense for him to turn up if he is not 100 per cent motivated.
"With a field which already includes [Stan] Wawrinka, [Rafael] Nadal, [Dominic] Thiem and [Robin] Haase, we think we have sufficient quality."
The world number 14 represented his country in basketball at youth level and revealed in an interview in 2015 that he always preferred it to tennis.
When asked if he might have had a career in basketball, he said: “I thought I was going to. I was trying to get there when I was 14 and every time when I’m playing now I still think I can for some odd reason, even though I’m playing a completely different sport. That’s just the way it is and unfortunately, I think my basketball career has come to an end.”
The Aussie, though, will at least get a chance to show off some of his skills when he takes to the court in New Orleans.