Manchester United have added a third Atletico Madrid player to their radar and could be in line to make a triple swoop for the players in a bid to help them claim back the Premier League title.
Red Devils boss Jose Mourinho is already known to be keeping tabs on forward Antoine Griezmann and defender Jose Gimenez, and now according to the Daily Mirror winger Yannick Ferreira-Carrasco has been added to to the wish list.
The report claims that Mourinho had the 23-year-old scouted during Belgium's 1-1 friendly draw with the Netherlands on Thursday night having identified what areas of the squad need improving if they are to make a significant challenge for the Premier League title anytime soon.
Article continues below
Griezmann has been on the Old Trafford radar for some time, and though the likes of Chelsea and Manchester City have been linked with his signature, the report states that he has told sources close to him that he would rather a move to United instead.
The Frenchman will likely run United in the region of £80million, but Jose Mourinho won't be put off by the price tag as he looks to bring in more top level players, which will no doubt cast further doubts over the futures of Wayne Rooney and Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
Article continues below
Gimenez has been identified as the ideal man to provide added quality to the club's back line, which has had to do without Phil Jones for the bulk of the campaign so far.
Atletico are in the title race again this term, though with manager Diego Simeone consistently being linked with a move away, there is a sense of inevitability that the current squad will be harvested soon should they fall short in the La Liga table.
Walking in Memphis
With Ferreira-Carrasco now on the radar, there are major doubts questions over what that could mean for Memphis Depay.
The Dutchman, who arrives in the summer of 2015 made a solid start to life at Old Trafford, but has quickly fallen out of form and favour under Mourinho.
So much so that the player is likely set to be allowed to move away on loan when the January transfer window opens, with Premier League rivals Everton said to be interested in a short-term deal.
And Ferreira-Carrasco would be an able replacement. So far this season the former Monaco man has managed a total of seven goals in 12 appearances across all competitions and has been making it harder for international boss Roberto Martinez to leave him out of the Belgium set-up.
As it stands, there would be no contest as to who would make the bigger impact at the Theatre of Dreams.
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: http://gms.to/writeforgms