WBO Welterweight Champion Manny Pacquiao states that his next fight will not take place until April or May of 2017.
Earlier this year, Pacquiao was voted into the senate following the general election in the Philippines, and as a result, all of his boxing activities must now be arranged to suit his political schedule.
The world's first and only eight-division world champion has said that an opponent for his next bout is yet to be confirmed, but he told reporters on Friday that he is keen to get back into the ring with his old rival Floyd Mayweather Jr.
Article continues below
Pacquiao spoke with reporters in Tokyo during the official launch of a boxing gym which carries his name.
The boxing legend feels that he has the ability to beat Mayweather, should the two ever do battle again, and says that his right shoulder (which was injured during their first fight last May) is now in "100 percent" condition, and that "it would help a lot" in improving his chances of obtaining the victory.
Article continues below
Both Pacquiao, or the 'Pac-Man' as he is referred to in boxing, and Mayweather are highly regarded as two of the greatest fighters ever to step into the squared circle.
Their first fight, which took place on May 2, 2015 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada, was billed as 'The Fight of the Century', and grossed more than $600 million (£482 million).
Mayweather aka 'Money-May' is currently in retirement from the sport of boxing with a perfect record of 49-0-0, but if there is one thing we know for sure about Money-May, it's the fact that if the money is right and his set rate of $100 million can be matched, then he will take the fight into consideration.
The three-time WBO Welterweight Champion himself was retired from boxing until his fight with Jessie Vargas, which took place on November 5, 2016 at the Thomas and Mack center in Las Vegas.
The two did battle for the WBO welterweight crown, and after 12 rounds of boxing, Pacquiao clinched the victory with a unanimous scorecard decision.
The fight earned the General Santos city resident a guaranteed $4 million (£3.2 million) base fight purse, with extra pay-per-view sale bonuses added to his winnings following the contest.
When asked why he had decided to come out of retirement from boxing, the 37-year-old athlete said: "I felt lonely inside. I can still fight. My body is still OK. And I'm here.
"When boxing is your passion, every time you are walking up to the ring, you are always excited."
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: http://gms.to/writeforgms