Hughes claims late Latics winner

Next Story

Lee Hughes' last-gasp goal gave Oldham a 3-2 Coca-Cola League One win over Walsall at Boundary Park.

Mark Allott's effort broke the deadlock for Oldham before goals from Alex Nicholls and Michael Ricketts put Walsall 2-1 up, but a brace from the former West Brom man sealed the win which moves the hosts into the play-off places.

Shaun Batt's last-minute goal grabbed a point for Peterborough in their 2-2 draw with Swindon at the County Ground.

Jack Smith put Swindon ahead only for Jon Paul McGovern to turn the ball into his own net to level the scores.

Simon Cox thought he had won all three points for Swindon with his second-half strike but Batt's 20-yard shot levelled the scores late on.

Tresor Kandol's last-gasp header gave Millwall a 1-0 home win over Carlisle.

Millwall moved into third ahead of Scunthorpe, who lost 2-0 to Tranmere at Prenton Park thanks to goals from Ryan Shotton and Edrissa Sonko.

Adam Boyd's second-minute strike gave Leyton Orient a 1-0 win at Huddersfield while a Jermaine Easter goal was enough for Colchester to see off Yeovil at the Weston Homes Community Stadium.

Jeff Hughes' first-half goal grabbed a point for Bristol Rovers at Hartlepool, who had taken the lead through Michael Nelson.

Dominic Blizzard and Craig Davies struck to give Stockport a 2-0 win over Brighton at Brighton at Edgeley Park while Cheltenham played out a goalless draw with Southend at Whaddon Road.

Copyright (c) PA Sport 2008, All Rights Reserved.

Peterborough United
Yeovil Town
Colchester United
Bristol Rovers
West Bromwich Albion
Jermaine Easter
Shaun Batt
Michael Nelson
Jack Smith
Scunthorpe United
Jeff Hughes
League One
Dominic Blizzard
Huddersfield Town
Swindon Town
Southend United
Cheltenham Town
Tresor Kandol
Ryan Shotton
Craig Davies
Lee Hughes
Carlisle United
Oldham Athletic
Jack Smith
Michael Ricketts
Adam Boyd
Wigan Athletic
Simon Cox
Alex Nicholls
Edrissa Sonko
Tranmere Rovers
Leyton Orient
Mark Allott
Brighton & Hove Albion
Next Story

Read more