Sunderland chairman Niall Quinn has confirmed the Black Cats have already received '30 sensible applications' for the vacancy created by the exit of Roy Keane.
Sam Allardyce and Alan Curbishley are the current favourites to take over from the Irishman, who quit Wearside on Thursday, but Quinn has cautioned against fans having a punt on Keane's eventual successor and said the Sunderland board will assess all options before deciding on their next manager.
"There have been over 30 sensible applications so far, which is great," Quinn told Setanta Sports. "Roy was a dream to work with and will be very hard to replace. We will not get another like him, that's for sure. But we will look at all the available options, trawl around and come to a conclusion over the next couple of weeks."
He added: "I wouldn't advise anyone to have a bet. The reason these odds exist are because the bookmakers make money from them.
"We have not sat down to discuss anything yet, other than to confirm the number of applications we have received.
"We just intend to take it easy and make the right decision."
Copyright (c) PA Sport 2008, All Rights Reserved.
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: http://gms.to/writeforgms