Bury climbed into second place in Coca-Cola League Two after cruising past a poor Port Vale side 3-0 at Gigg Lane.

Ben Futcher wasted no time in giving Bury the lead when he got on the end of a Paul Scott cross just two minutes in to fire past Joe Anyon. Glynn Hurst then helped himself to a brace to extend the Shakers' unbeaten run to four matches.

Wycombe maintained their six-point lead at the top of the table despite being held to a 0-0 draw with Luton at Adams Park.

Nathan Elder scored deep into injury time to cap a mad final few minutes of Brentford's 2-1 win over Bradford.

The game had remained goalless until the 88th minute when Marcus Bean gave Brentford the lead. Michael Boulding thought he has stolen a point for Bradford a minute later but Elder's 94th-minute header gave the Bees all three points.

Simeon Jackson's last-gasp strike stole a point for Gillingham in their four-goal thriller with Barnet at Underhill.

Adam Proudlock's second-half goal gave Grimsby a 1-0 win over Shrewsbury at Blundell Park.

Notts County had Jamie Forrester sent off as they lost 2-0 to Chester at the Deva Stadium. Ryan Lowe and Kevin Roberts were on target for County while Jamie Forrester saw red late on for foul and abusive language.

Rene Howe scored for Morecambe to overcome high-flying Darlington 1-0 at Christie Park, while Adam Le Fondre's second-half strike denied Bournemouth all three points in their clash with Rochdale at Spotland. Lee Bradbury's first-half penalty had put Bournemouth ahead but Le Fondre turned home a Clark Keltie cross to steal a point.

Dagenham and Redbridge were winning 1-0 at home against Exeter before floodlight failure meant their match had to be abandoned. Rotherham's match with Aldershot at the Don Valley Stadium, meanwhile, was called off without a ball being kicked because of a waterlogged pitch.

Copyright (c) PA Sport 2008, All Rights Reserved.

Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: http://gms.to/writeforgms