Manchester City manager Mark Hughes has said he could still sign AC Milan midfielder Kaka.
Arabianbusiness.com - who broke the story of the Manchester City takeover by Sheikh Mansour, who is from the UAE - reported on Thursday morning that they had been told by a senior source that the deal is off.
But Hughes has dismissed the reports, saying: "I've seen these reports but you have to bear in mind that the people who are being given a platform to speak do not represent the owner (Sheikh Mansour) or (chairman) Khaldoon (Al Mubarak). In my opinion they should not be given a platform to say what they have because in this instance it is completely untrue because negotiations are still taking place."
He added: "It would be naive to think I have not been involved in discussions over this transfer. I have had meetings about it and have had an input.
"It is impossible to say whether it will go through or not but we will let everyone know when there is something to say."
Copyright (c) PA Sport 2009, All Rights Reserved.