West Ham have refused to give Craig Bellamy permission to talk to Tottenham or Manchester City and have offered the Wales striker a new contract.
The Hammers have turned down several bids from the two clubs for the 29-year-old, with Spurs having a £12million offer knocked back, and the ball is now back in Tottenham's and City's court to see whether they will go any higher.
A West Ham spokesman told PA Sport: "We can confirm that Craig Bellamy has been offered a new contract. We can also confirm that he has no permission to talk to other clubs including Spurs and Manchester City."
The Hammers have also had to fend off interest from Manchester City in midfielder Scott Parker and from Newcastle in captain Lucas Neill.
Newcastle boss Joe Kinnear revealed on Thursday he had been talking to Neill's agent but the Hammers said no permission had been given nor any offers received from the Magpies.
West Ham will not report Newcastle to the Premier League however.
A club source said: "Kinnear was out of order and we have made our feelings known to Newcastle in the strongest possible terms but we will leave it at that."
Copyright (c) PA Sport 2009, All Rights Reserved.