AC Milan have reiterated their desire for David Beckham to extend his short-term deal from Los Angeles Galaxy.
Beckham, who scored his first goal for Milan in the 4-1 win over Bologna on Sunday, is set to return to America at the beginning of March for the start of the new Major League Soccer season.
However, Milan boss Carlo Ancelotti said: "In football everything is possible. Milan's position is the same as it was and no pressure will be made. The choice remains exclusively his."
He added: "Our desire is that he continues with us. When March 9 comes and he returns to America, that will sadden us because of the help he is giving this team in terms of quality of play and balance.
"He has had the ability to come in and right away have a starring role.
"It is all down to him, his desire and willingness to return to play in a league and in an important team."
Beckham fuelled reports he will remain in Italy to help the Rossoneri battle for the Scudetto title, saying at the weekend: "I can't say what will happen. My contract says that I'll be here until March. We'll have to see. At the moment I'm enjoying this experience. I'm at one of the biggest clubs in the world."
Milan midfielder Kaka, no stranger to a transfer saga having turned down a record-breaking move to Manchester City last week, endorsed Beckham's stay.
"It was beautiful to see Beckham's first goal in the Rossoneri colours," said the Brazil playmaker. "He is a great professional, he puts in a lot of effort and works very hard to give a great contribution to the team.
"When he scored we were all delighted and we ran towards him to hug him because he is a great man. We hope he can stay longer."
Copyright (c) PA Sport 2009, All Rights Reserved.