David Beckham does not believe the defeat in the Milan derby will hurt his chances of a permanent transfer to AC Milan.
The England midfielder is on a short-term loan from the Los Angeles Galaxy until March 9, and Milan have been looking to keep the 33-year-old to help their title chances in Italy. However, the Rossoneri lost 2-1 to Inter Milan on Sunday night and are now 11 points behind their city rivals.
"I am disappointed because our hopes of winning the Scudetto are truly minimal," said Beckham. "But this doesn't alter our plans. I know that Milan want me until the end of the season."
Prising Beckham loose from the Galaxy will not be easy with the Major League Soccer franchise seeking a huge transfer fee.
Los Angeles turned down a bid made by the Italians last month but Milan club administrator Adriano Galliani has not given up hope of keeping Beckham at the San Siro.
"We are negotiating and trying to resolve the problem," said Galliani.
"Friday could be the crucial day. Between our offer and their (the Galaxy's) request there is still a margin but the will of the player is to remain.
"We will have to wait and see how this situation develops - there is still time."
Beckham, who has recovered from a minor hamstring injury, is set to travel with AC Milan to Bremen for Wednesday's UEFA Cup tie at Werder.
Copyright (c) PA Sport 2009, All Rights Reserved.