Cookies are small data files which are sent to a user's computer or mobile phone from a website and are stored on the hard drive of the user's device. They are helpful because they help to make a website work better for a user.
On GiveMeSport websites users can manage and/or delete cookies as they wish. Information about how to do this is provided in the section How to manage cookies.
A cookie is a small amount of data (which often includes a unique identifier) that is sent to a user's computer or mobile phone from a website and is stored on the hard drive of a device. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser's preferences allow it. Many websites do this whenever a user visits their website in order to report on website traffic. Your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other websites.
Cookies on GiveMeSport websites are used in a number of ways. A full list of all the cookies used across GiveMeSport sites can be seen in the List of cookies used on GiveMeSport sites.
- GiveMeSport uses a range of analytics tools to collect information about how people use its sites. This helps us make sure sites are meeting users' needs and to find out how we could improve.
- Analytics cookies store information about what pages people visit, how long they are on the site, how they got there and what they click on. Information supplied by cookies help GiveMeSport to analyse the profile of visitors and provide them with a better experience.
- Analytics cookies do not collect or store users' personal information (for example, names or addresses), so this information cannot be used to identify individuals. GiveMeSport does not allow analytics companies to use or share its analytics data.
Some GiveMeSport sites allow users to login and retrieve personal information and account details. Some of these sites use a cookie in order to remember account information.
Storing your usability and accessibility settings
Most GiveMeSport websites provide settings that allow you to resize text or view different colour options. If you switch them on, we store the settings in a cookie, so that they apply to each page you look at.
Third-party cookies are not set directly by GiveMeSport, but by third-party service or functionality providers.
GiveMeSport uses a number of suppliers who set cookies on GiveMeSport websites in order to deliver the services that they are providing (for example, website analytics or advertising).
In addition, many GiveMeSport websites carry embedded 'share' buttons to enable users of the site to easily share articles with their friends through popular social networks. These sites may set a cookie when you are also logged in to their service.
GiveMeSport does not control the dissemination of these cookies. For more information about the cookies used by these suppliers, including how to opt-out, view their individual privacy policies listed below.
- CookiesInfo - User saw cookies policy information banner on the top of page - 10 years
- ASP.NET_SessionId - This cookie is used for .NET sessions. - End of session
- .ASPXFORMSAUTH - This cookie is used for .NET sessions. - 1 year
- CMSPreferredUICulture - User interface preferred culture settings - 1 year
- CMSPreferredCulture - Current session preferred culture settings - 1 year
- EditorialStatGuid - Editorial unique views counter identificator - End of session
- ViewMode - site technical setting for administrating - End of session
- VisitorStatus - User global first or second visit flag - 1 year
- CurrentVisitStatus - User today first or second visit flag - 1 day
- __gads - Goodle Ads system site identificator - 2 years
- __utmz - A Google Analytics cookie which tracks where the visitor came from, what search engine was used, what link was clicked on, what keywords were used, and where in the world the site was accessed from. - 6 month
- __utma - A Google Analytics cookie which keeps track of the number of times a visitor has been to the site, when their first visit was, and when their last visit occurred. - 2 years
- __utmc - A Google Analytics cookie which creates a timestamp of the exact moment when a visitor leaves the site. - End of session
- __utmv - Used for reporting in Google Analytics classifying the visitor. - End of session
- __utmb - A Google Analytics cookie which creates a timestamp of the exact moment when a visitor enters a site. - End of session
- presence - unknown - End of session
- p - unknown - End of session
- xs - unknown - End of session
- s - unknown - End of session
- lu - unknown - End of session
- datr - unknown - End of session
- c_user - logged user fb id - End of session
- sp3dtag - unknown - 10 years
- _drt_ - unknown - 1 day
- id - site identificator - 2years
- PHPSESSID - session id - End of session
- UIDR - unknown - 2 years
- UID - unknown - 2 years
- __spcv - site identificator - forever