Terms and Conditions
1. These terms and conditions apply to all competitions and free prize draws featured within GiveMeSport’s print promotions, interactive or mobile services, or included online at the website(s) http://www.givemesport.com or http://givemesport.com
2. By entering a competition entrants accept these terms and conditions together with any specific instructions and terms for such competition which may be mentioned in-print, in any electronic messages, or on the website (“terms and conditions”). Such competition information shall prevail in the event of there being any inconsistency between these competition terms and conditions and any competition information.
3. GiveMeSport may cancel or amend any competition, competition information, or these terms and conditions without prior notice. Any changes will be posted either within the competition information or these terms and conditions.
4. The competition is open to all residents of the United Kingdom. Entrants must be 16 years of age or over. Where a prize involves travel of any description, any winner under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult. Employees and members of their immediate families (including any live-in partner or household member) of any of the following may not enter:
b. Companies within Sports New Media Limited;
c. Any company involved in the organisation, management, promotion, or administration of the competition or its entry routes or donation of prizes or their agents or subsidiaries;
d. Any company involved in any capacity in the production or sponsorship of a programme to which the competition relates.
5. Where the competition information specifies a minimum or maximum age limit GiveMeSport reserves the right to ask for proof of age and in all competitions evidence to verify the identity of an entrant at any time, and may use any channels and methods available to carry out checks of any details provided. Entrants may only enter the competition in their own name.
6. The closing date and time for entries is as indicated in the competition information. Any entries received after this time will be invalid and will not be entered into the competition.
7. By entering the competition entrants warrant that all information submitted by them is true, current, and complete. Entrants also warrant that they are the copyright owners of any copyright works submitted, for example photographs and drawings, and GiveMeSport’s use of such works will not infringe the rights of any third party.
8. Where indicated in the competition information, some competitions are only open to registered users of the givemesport.com website. There is no charge for registration.
9. Any limit on the number of entries a person or household may make will be clearly stated in the competition information. Entries received in excess of this limit will be invalid and will not be entered into the competition.
10. Entry to the competition may only be made through the applicable method(s) indicated in the competition information. Not all of the following methods of entry may be available for entry to each competition. The following terms and conditions will apply where the method is indicated as being available in the competition information.
Where specified in the competition information as an available method of entry to the competition, telephone entrants are required to call the telephone number as indicated in the competition information, and follow the instructions in the recorded message. The charge per call will be as indicated in the competition information and is based on the cost of a call from a BT fixed network line. The cost of entering from other networks will vary and from mobiles will cost considerably more and it is the entrant’s responsibility to check before entering. Entrants must have the permission of the bill payer before calling. Once the telephone number is dialled and the entrant is connected they will be charged the cost of entry (together with any applicable alternative network or mobile operators' charge). Telephone entries received after the notified competition closing time will not be valid.
b. Text (“SMS”) entry
Where specified in the competition information as an available method of entry to the competition, SMS entrants are required to send a text to the shortcode or number as indicated in the competition information. Texts received by GiveMeSport will be charged at the standard operator rate, which will vary depending on the entrant’s mobile network provider. When a text message is received from GiveMeSport, sent to the same mobile phone from which the answer or vote was sent, acknowledging receipt of the entry (a “Text Acknowledgement”), this will result in the entrant being charged the charge stated in the competition information. Please check with the relevant mobile network provider what standard network charge will apply. In the event that the entrant has insufficient funds, credits or capacity on their handset (as applicable) for the Text Acknowledgement to be successfully sent by GiveMeSport and received by the entrant within 72 hours of the original entry being received by GiveMeSport, the relevant entry will be deemed ineligible and will not be accepted.
Entries sent by text message which are received after the stated competition closing time will be invalid and will not be entered into the competition. If a text message entry is received by GiveMeSport within 24 hours of the stated competition closing time, the entrant will receive a free text message from GiveMeSport informing them that their entry was received late and was not therefore entered into the competition. The message will provide details of how the entrant can obtain a refund of the standard network charge imposed by the entrant’s mobile network provider when they entered the competition by text message (up to a maximum of 12p). If a text message entry is received by GiveMeSport more than 24 hours after the stated competition closing time, the entrant will receive a free text message from GiveMeSport informing them that their entry was received late and was not therefore entered into the competition but the entrant will not be entitled to obtain any refund.
Entrants must have the permission of the bill payer before entering. SMS entries received after the notified competition closing time will not be valid. GiveMeSport accepts no liability for any SMS entry charges incurred regardless of whether the entry is received before the competition closing time. SMS entrants will receive a SMS confirmation text message of their entry, which may include information about the programme, its sponsor or other services relating to the competition. SMS entrants may opt out of receiving any marketing messages in the confirmation message (please see rule ** of these terms and conditions).
c. Web entry
Where specified in the competition information as an available method of entry to the competition, web entrants are required to follow the instructions on the website as indicated in the competition information. Entrants will receive a message confirming entry to the competition. Web entrants may be required to supply their name, and/or email address and/or a contact telephone number and/or any other details. In the event that entrants are required to pay to enter online, entrants will need to use the relevant payment service indicated in the competition information, and may need to open an account and register to pay for online entry to the competition. Online entry costs will be as indicated in the competition information. Entrants must read and accept the terms and conditions relating to the online entry pay service before proceeding with such a web entry.
d. Postal entry
Where specified in the competition information as an available method of entry to the competition, postal entrants may enter the competition by sending their entry with their answer (if applicable), full name, postal and/or e-mail address and a contact telephone number to the postal address indicated in the competition information. Each postal entry must bear its own stamp but GiveMeSport makes no additional charge for postal entries. Any postal entry received which does not bear the correct paid postage will be invalid and will not be entered into the competition. Entries sent by post must be delivered by the specified closing date and time for entries. Postal entries are deemed to be received upon arrival at the postal address indicated in the competition information. GiveMeSport does not accept responsibility for any incorrectly addressed or undelivered entries or for any disruption, delay or misdirection of postal entries.
e. E-mail entry
Where specified as an available method of entry to the competition, e-mail entrants may enter the competition by sending an e-mail with the information indicated in the competition information and at the email address indicated. There is no charge for email entries. Entrants may receive a message confirming their entry to the competition.
11. Neither GiveMeSport nor its servants, agents, nor any other party or organisation involved in the management, promotion, or administration of the competition or its entry routes or donation of prizes or their agents or subsidiaries involved in the competition will accept responsibility or liability for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to entries, or entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions, virus, bugs or other causes outside its control.
12. Entries submitted through agents or third parties or in bulk (i.e more entries than a human being could submit in the time available or, in the case of postal entries, more than one entry submitted under the same postage stamp) will not be accepted. Entrants may enter as many times as they like unless otherwise indicated in the competition information but no more than one prize per person per competition will be awarded.
13. Any entries which are incomplete, incorrect, inaudible, incomprehensible, or not received by GiveMeSport will be void. An entry to the competition will be deemed to be an invalid entry where an entrant has evaded payment of the applicable entry charges when entering the competition or, in the case of postal entry, has failed to pay and affix the correct postal charges.
14. In the event of any fault, mistake, misunderstanding or dispute concerning the correctness or acceptability of the entry or any answers given by entrants (if applicable), or the operation of any part of the competition (in the case of postal entries, a postal strike for example), network or phone system, the decision of GiveMeSport shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. GiveMeSport will not be liable to reimburse expenses incurred in making an entry where applicable. Where an entry is found not to have been validly entered into a competition (for example, if a text entry is received late), no refund will be made for the cost of any entry where applicable. Eligibility for refunds will be notified to relevant entrants. GiveMeSport reserves the right to refuse to refund any messages where it suspects dishonest or fraudulent conduct on the sender’s part or where the entrant has not complied with the rules of the competition (for example, in exceeding the maximum number of entries).
16. Fans prizes are not transferable and do not have a cash redeemable value.
17. Givemesport.com reserves the right to change the format of the draw prizes, within reason, at any time.
18. The draw prize winners will be informed within 7 days after the final closing date, by e-mail post , telephone or mobile.
19. By registering your vote with us by any of the entry methods (please see rule 10 of these terms and conditions) you hereby accept these Terms and Conditions.