Russell Slade has strenuously denied allegations he was sacked as manager of Yeovil for gross misconduct.
Slade, who left Huish Park on the back of three consecutive victories on February 15 before being appointed Brighton boss on March 5, was the subject of an internal disciplinary matter dating to November last year.
He believes his former club have "tried to completely renege on our agreement" after an internal hearing at Yeovil on February 27 resulted in his "amicable" departure "by mutual consent".
However, Yeovil chairman John Fry said in a statement released on the club`s official website, www.ytfc.net: "The outcome of the process, which had been ongoing since November 2008, was that the club believed there were reasonable grounds to conclude that Russell Slade had committed gross misconduct and, based on this belief, the club decided that the position warranted the summary termination of his employment."
Slade has responded with a statement released through the League Managers' Association.
"I want to stress that I had no job to go to when the deal was done," he said.
"I left Yeovil on February 15 and accepted the job of manager at Brighton and Hove Albion on March 5, having met with Brighton chairman Dick Knight for the first time a few days previously.
"After accepting the job with Brighton, and following Yeovil's recent results, Yeovil Town have now tried to completely renege on our agreement. Even worse, they issued an inaccurate and seriously, I am advised, defamatory statement, and I am therefore obliged to set the record straight.
"Due to Yeovil's unfortunate actions, the matter is now with the LMA's lawyers, Russell Jones and Walker, and I am sure that full details will be made known in due course."
Copyright (c) PA Sport 2009, All Rights Reserved.
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: https://www.givemesport.com/writeforgms