AC Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti has denied he has been set an ultimatum to agree to take over as manager of Chelsea next season.
Instead, the Rossoneri coach claims he will continue in charge at the San Siro. Speaking after Sunday night's 1-1 draw at home to Juventus which all but ended Milan's hopes of catching city rivals Inter in the race for the Serie A title, Ancelotti branded speculation of an ultimatum as "rubbish".
"It is not a problem which concerns me," he said. "I don't have to give my availability. The time has not yet come for me to be replaced at Milan."
Ancelotti still has a year left to run on his contract with Milan and Sunday night's draw should be enough to guarantee them a place in the Champions League next season.
Having won Europe's premier club competition twice already with the Rossoneri, Ancelotti has no intention of leaving just when the chance of completing a hat-trick remains.
"It's easier to win in Europe with Milan than with other clubs so I am staying here," he added.
On the domestic front, though, Ancelotti has conceded Milan's Scudetto hopes are now over.
It is four seasons since Milan last won the title, but a win last night would have reduced Inter's lead to just five points with three games remaining.
But their rivals can now clinch a fourth straight title by beating Siena at the San Siro on Sunday night, regardless of how Milan get on at Udinese 24 hours earlier.
"That issue had already been dealt with," he said. "Our aim is to get one more win to finish in the top three. It is not going to be easy at Udinese because they are in good form, but we should be able to take the points home with us from one of the next three games."
Copyright (c) PA Sport 2009, All Rights Reserved.