Just 18 months remain on Lionel Messi's current deal at Barcelona, but are they worried? Of course they're not.
Messi has made it very clear that he wants to extend his stay at the Camp Nou but take his time over penning a new contract.
His father, Jorge, has been in discussions with Barcelona for quite some time now and just last week, Guillem Balague claimed negotiations were going well.
"[Messi's] dad has met a Barcelona representative last Friday," the Spanish football expert said on Sky Sports. "They both told each other: don't discuss this with anybody.
"They're both saying 'I won't' which means we don't know how well it's going. The message coming from the club and from Messi's side is going well.
"When will it be signed? We don't know yet. It's going well."
A fresh update has emerged on Messi's new deal at Barcelona but according to AS, the Argentine has rejected their initial contract offer.
And why? Because he's unhappy with the proposed €30-35 million-per-season salary. Wow.
AS claim Messi wants to hold out for more money given Neymar and Luis Suarez signed lucrative extensions in October and December respectively.
You can hardly blame the Argentine for demanding more money, in truth, following what has been another phenomenal season, especially on the goalscoring front.
In 46 games for Barcelona, Messi has scored 48 goals, providing a further 11 assists.
Losing him would be a disaster for Luis Enrique's side but, speaking earlier this year, Suarez insisted there is nothing to worry about.
"The movie (rumours) is created by you (the media)," Suarez told beIN Sports.
"The president has said that they want him to renew, but they always end up misunderstanding some things that are said.
"The club knows what it wants with Messi. We are very calm in spite of everything that is said."
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: https://www.givemesport.com/writeforgms