Gary Neville has admitted his mounting list of injuries has been a major concern.
Although Neville is currently fit and aiming to play a part in Manchester United's trip to Tottenham on Saturday, he has spent more time on the treatment table than he would have liked lately.
The 34-year-old said: "It is frustrating. But it is not something I think about every day. I have just had to deal with it."
His problems started with a broken ankle sustained against Bolton in March 2007. Neville's time on the sidelines was extended by a series of muscular problems which halted his comeback plans.
It meant not only did the veteran full-back miss the remainder of that season, he only played once during the 2007-08 campaign that saw United crowned European champions.
Last year did see a marked improvement. But still, his 27 appearances did not include the Champions League final defeat to Barcelona.
And, while he did return to the England fold for the World Cup qualifiers against Kazakhstan and Andorra in June, he wasn't able to end an international exile that now dates back over two-and-a-half years.
So, when Neville was forced to fly home from United's Far East tour with yet another groin problem, it was no surprise the alarm bells started ringing once more.
"Over the last two years injury has been a concern for me," he admitted. "It is a concern for every footballer."
Thankfully, Neville seems to have got over his latest problem and was a key figure in the morale-boosting five-goal defeat of Wigan at the DW Stadium last month. Now, he is just looking forwards and said: "I just hope to say as fit as possible and play games for the club. I am doing everything I possibly can and the medical staff are helping me as well."
Copyright (c) PA Sport 2009, All Rights Reserved.
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: https://www.givemesport.com/writeforgms