New Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini dismissed claims of a dressing room revolt in the wake of Mark Hughes' departure and insists he has no problem with player loyalty.
When former boss Hughes was sacked on Saturday after the 4-3 victory over Sunderland there were reports a number of senior players, including fellow Welshman Craig Bellamy, leading a protest delegation to chief executive Garry Cook.
However, Mancini - who did not take his first training session until Monday this week - is happy with the attitude of his squad, and said: "I thought the players trained very well. I think I have a good team and we have only one problem and that is many players injured. I have a good relationship with the players. I appreciate some players are close to Mark but that is a good thing for a manager."
Mancini went on to joke: "When I go away from Manchester City in 15 years after five Premier League titles and four cups the players will have the same situation with me."
The former Inter Milan coach also dismissed claims made by Cook this week he had previously been approached by Liverpool when American owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett were considering the future of Rafael Benitez.
Cook said: "Do we think that Liverpool just talked to (Jurgen) Klinsmann? I am sure they also spoke to others, and I have no doubt that Mancini was one of them. Of course he would have been."
However, Mancini said that was not the case, saying: "Liverpool never contacted me, absolutely. They have a good manager, Rafa is a good manager."
Copyright (c) PA Sport 2009, All Rights Reserved.
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: https://www.givemesport.com/writeforgms