It's been almost a week since Carlo Ancelotti was unceremoniously sacked as Bayern Munich manager following the 3-0 defeat to Paris Saint-Germain.
A series of poor performances eventually cost the Italian his job, with Bayern currently second in the Bundesliga and already five points behind Borussia Dortmund.
It all started on September 9, when the Bavarians lost 2-0 against Hoffenheim in the league. Two weeks later they drew 2-2 at home to Wolfsburg.
The crushing defeat against PSG in the Champions League soon followed, which prompted Bayern's board to cut ties with Ancelotti. His assistant, Willy Sagnol, has now taken over.
Ancelotti's sacking served as a reminder of how football management has become such a cut-throat business. One or two disappointing results nowadays and suddenly your job is on the line.
However, in the 58-year-old's case, perhaps his sacking had been a long time coming.
Various stories have emerged detailing how a select few Bayern players turned on Ancelotti when the going got tough, including Arjen Robben, Robert Lewandowski and Thomas Muller.
"There were five players against Ancelotti," said Bayern chairman Uli Hoeness last week. "It was impossible to get out of that."
What exactly the former Real Madrid boss did to upset so many of his players is largely unknown, though there are rumours his training methods were a big issue.
According to ESPN's Mark Lovell, Robben told German outlet Kicker that there was "better training at my son's youth team" than under Ancelotti.
Xabi Alonso and Philipp Lahm also complained to Bayern bosses about Ancelotti's training sessions, suggesting the problems started as long ago as last season.
Ancelotti ended up losing the dressing room altogether and now a fresh report has revealed Bayern's players were actually going behind his back in the ultimate betrayal.
Kicker claim that Lewandowski and co. were so underwhelmed by Ancelotti's training regime that they actually organised secret sessions of their own. Ouch.
One player who refuses to accept responsibility for Ancelotti's sacking is Mats Hummels, with the centre-back describing the accusations that he's a 'king slayer' as "out of order".
"I can't speak for the others," he told Sport Bild. "Five players were talked about and I cannot speak for the other four.
"But I haven't had a conversation about being unhappy because I wasn't playing or anything like this.
"To be termed a 'king slayer' is out of order. I do not know the origins of this information or if it was written because I did not play. I don't like it, I simply wouldn't do this."