According to David Haye, Anthony Joshua should have no problems overcoming his newly announced opponent for his upcoming title defence on October 28.
This comes despite the late change of opponent.
Anthony Joshua had been expected to fight Kubrat Pulev, but the 36-year-old Bulgarian revealed a shoulder injury that has left him unable to compete.
Matchroom promoter Eddie Hearn confirms that he is now due to defend his WBA and IBF world heavyweight titles against Frenchman Carlos Takam at the Principality Stadium in Cardiff.
With 70,000 tickets already sold for the Cardiff bout, Joshua looks to win his first fight since stopping Wladimir Klitschko at Wembley Stadium in April, which added the WBA title to the IBF belt he claimed in 2016.
The Cameroonian-French 36-year-old had been on standby for the fight, according to promoter Eddie Hearn.
"IBF rules state that mandatory will go to the next fighter in line, which is Carlos Takam.
"When the Pulev fight was announced I made a deal with Takam's team to begin camp and be on standby for this fight. When I called them they were overjoyed and good to go."
However, Haye does not think the Frenchman will cause unbeaten Joshua many problems.
With three career defeats in 39 bouts, Haye told Sky Sports: "He did get knocked out against Alexander Povetkin in Russia, he's got history.
"He's been knocked out before, he lost his fight against [now WBO heavyweight champion Joseph] Parker, so I don't really anticipate Takam putting too many obstacles in front of the man who is No 1 at the moment."
According to BBC Radio 5 Live boxing analyst Steve Bunce: "Takam is only about 6ft1in. He fights small, about five or six inches shorter than Joshua, which doesn't look good. But at least the fight is going ahead and rest assured, far worse fighters than Takam have challenged for world titles over the past 20 years."
Hearn also stated that Joshua's aim was to face Pulev before meeting Cuban Luis Ortiz, the mandatory challenger for his WBA title, and that he does not want to vacate either of his belts, and would rather defend them before hopefully facing WBC title holder Deontay Wilder in 2018.
However, Haye is hoping to get in the ring with Joshua for an all-British super-fight that would represent a massive payday for Haye, as Joshua looks to pocket around £15million from the Takam bout alone.
However, he must win his rematch with Tony Bellew and overturn the defeat from March which saw him throw in the towel in the 11th round having torn an Achilles tendon.
Confident as ever, David Haye said: "Pressure has been put on [my Achilles] and it's in perfect health.
"I'm in perfect health. I've been ticking over perfectly and I'm not going to do anything crazy.
"As long as I get in the ring in optimal condition, I will get a perfect performance."
Haye vs Bellew 2 could be the start of a great lineup of upcoming all-British boxing matchups, with Eubank Jr vs Groves to be held in January or February 2018.
Anthony Joshua takes on Carlos Takam, October 28, at the Principality Stadium, Cardiff