Carlos Takam says taking the Anthony Joshua fight on such short notice will have no effect on him, despite only being drafted in 12 days before the fight.
The Cameroonian is virtually unknown in the UK, but has a fantastic record of just three defeats and one draw over his 35 professional fights – with 27 of his wins coming by knockout.
He came in late to stand in for Kubrat Pulev, who was unable to fight due to a shoulder injury, and will face Joshua in front of 80,000 fans at Cardiff’s Principality Stadium on October 28.
Takam is ranked third in the IBF rankings, and AJ himself has acknowledged his reputation as a durable fighter who likes to be on the front foot.
He was unsuccessful last year in his attempt to claim the WBO heavyweight title when he fought Joseph Parker in New Zealand, but says he will not let the occasion get to him when he fights in the UK for the first time.
He told Sky Sports News: "I don't know if I'm excited stressed or confused but I'm definitely ready for the fight. It will be a proper fight.
"AJ is a good boxer who likes to box and I like opponents who like to come forward and throw punches. I like to get stuck in as well.
"I believe in myself. I never go into a fight thinking I might lose - I'm a winner, I like to win not to lose.
"I'm not scared, 80,000 fans means nothing to me. I've boxed in New Zealand, Canada, Russia [so] that won't faze me. It's about what happens in the ring. It's about me and him."
AJ’s promoter Eddie Hearn says that despite Takam’s lack of reputation, he is good enough to pose a problem for the London-based fighter, but insists that Joshua will be ready regardless.
"It's a difficult position for AJ having prepared meticulously for the style and height of Pulev, he now faces a completely different style and challenge in Takam.
"This hasn't happened in his career before but he is ready for all comers on October 28."