UFC

Mark Hunt demands resolution from UFC after fight removal

Published Add your comment

Football News
24/7

Mark Hunt is still upset with UFC officials and UFC President Dana White.

Hunt was set to take on Marcin Tybura in the heavyweight main event of UFC Sydney (UFC Fight Night 121) next month. UFC Fight Night 121 is set to take place on Sunday, November 19th 2017 at Qudos Bank Arena in Sydney, Australia.

The main card will air on FOX Sports 1 while the preliminary card will be split broadcasted on FOX Sports 1 and the promotion’s streaming service, UFC Fight Pass.

However, the promotion announced recently that “The Super Samoan” has been removed from that booking due to “medical concerns” and he will be replaced by former UFC heavyweight champion Fabricio Werdum.

The UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championship) is claiming to be looking out for the best interest of the former title contender. However, that doesn’t mean that Hunt agrees with it or is pleased about its latest decision regarding his career.

Ultimately, this led to Hunt deciding to take to Instagram to comment on the news and obviously, it didn’t sit well with him. He sent an expletive-laden message aimed at the UFC President and threatened to sue him over the news.

Hunt continues to speak out as he recently said that he’s passed all his medicals, and he feels as if he should be able to fight. He also said that he’s going to be losing quite a bit of money by not fighting.

“A journalist rings me up and says, ‘You’re not fighting in Sydney,” Hunt told ESPN recently. “I had to check to see if it was true. I was really upset by that. I’ve lost a lot of money on this camp, and losing this fight will cost me over $1 million.

I had plans for that money. I have taxes to pay. To hear it from a journalist – they could have called me themselves.

“And the thing is, I didn’t know why they pulled me. I still don’t. I’ve passed all the medicals. I’d like to know the reason I’ve been put on the sideline.”

“There’s nothing in the results that says I can’t fight. . . The UFC says they’re acting for my well-being; why did they put me in the Octagon with all these cheaters, then?

Why are they letting Georges St-Pierre fight again when he’s talked about seeing aliens? They just let a guy fight with a staph infection last week. If they’re worried about our well-being, why did they do all that?”

Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: https://www.givemesport.com/writeforgms

Topics:
Mark Hunt
UFC
Dana White

Article Comments

Read more

Report author of article

Please let us know if you believe this article is in violation of our editorial policy, please only report articles for one of the following reasons.

Report author

DISCLAIMER

This article has been written by a member of the GiveMeSport Writing Academy and does not represent the views of GiveMeSport.com or SportsNewMedia. The views and opinions expressed are solely that of the author credited at the top of this article. GiveMeSport.com and SportsNewMedia do not take any responsibility for the content of its contributors.

Want more content like this?

Like our GiveMeSport Facebook Page and you will get this directly to you.

Already Subscribed to Facebook, don't ask me again

Follow GiveMeSport on Twitter and you will get this directly to you.

Already Following, don't ask me again

Like our GiveMeSport - UFC Page and you will get this directly to you.

Already Subscribed to G+, don't ask me again