It seems as though the rumours that Philippe Coutinho will depart Liverpool grow stronger by the day.
The Reds resisted serious pressure from Barcelona in the summer to keep ahold of their Brazilian playmaker, but it seems to only be delaying the inevitable.
The Catalan side are still said to be courting the former Inter Milan man and are preparing to make another bid in January, but Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp insists that is not at the forefront of his mind.
“There is another transfer window in January, we cannot change this,” the Liverpool manager said on Friday.
“I have nothing to say about it. It is an open window maybe a few players will change in the future. I have no clue. At this moment I am really not interested.
However, according to reports in France, Paris Saint-Germain have made the first move in a bid to prize Coutinho away from Anfield.
PSG director Antero Henrique and Coutinho's agent Kia Joorabchian met in London, according to French media outlet Telefoot, and they also claim that a formal offer was put on the table.
Now, the idea that PSG will avoid FIFA sanctions if they sign Coutinho is laughable. They have just spent €222 million on Neymar, have an obligation sign Kylian Mbappe for a fee that could be worth up to €180 million at the end of the season.
The repercussions for making another signing that big - a deal that reports suggests Liverpool want £130 million for - could be very damaging to the Parisians.
Not to mention, they already have Julian Draxler, Angel Di Maria, Lucas Moura and a whole host of other attacking midfielders already at their disposal.
When asked last week if the club has an agreement in place with Barcelona, Klopp remained evasive.
“I’ve no clue. We will see. We don’t talk about things like this,” said Klopp. “Can you imagine what it would be like if I said 'yes we have an agreement'?
“In this moment, the 100 per cent truth is that nobody thinks about this. We don’t talk about it, why should we? In both cases it would not make sense – no, there is no agreement, yes, there is an agreement. It is not important in the moment. We have other moments when we have to talk about these things but not in October.”
For what it's worth, further reports suggest that the Liverpool board will allow Klopp to reinvest the Coutinho money into his squad in its entirety. Will that soften the blow?News Now - Sport News