Retired boxing legend Floyd Mayweather stepped back into a boxing ring in August to fight Conor McGregor.
The American stopped the Irish MMA superstar in the 10th round to extend his professional boxing undefeated streak to 50 victories and 0 defeats (50–0).
McGregor has been living the high life since collecting £75million-plus from the Mayweather showdown - but there are plenty of reports suggesting a return to the Octagon is on the horizon.
The 29-year-old Irishman has recently spoken of his desire to fight Mayweather in UFC following his defeat in the boxing ring.
McGregor said: "He [Mayweather] did say an MMA fight So if he wants to, lets f****** do it.
"There's not a hope in hell… I'd like to see him come over to our side and have a knock. I earned their respect and put myself out there. Style over to my side and earn our respect now."
Mayweather suggested he could earn $1billion with a three or four fight deal in UFC.
"They just called me not too long ago and ask me to come back," said Mayweather in December.
"I can come right back. If I wanted to I could come right back to the UFC. I can go fight in the Octagon. I can go do a three or four-fight deal in the Octagon and make a billion dollars. Remember I'm Floyd Money Mayweather."
McGregor tweeted Mayweather last week
The outspoken MMA legend took to social media last week to reignite his feud with the 40-year-old American.
Mayweather hits back
On Wednesday, Mayweather tweeted a chilling message to the Irishman, with a set of emojis that leave little to the imagination.
McGregor's head coach John Kavanagh said the MMA star is training hard and believes "2018 will be a big year for us."
"He's back in training almost every day now and I think 2018 will be a big year for us," Kavanagh told BBC Northern Ireland.
McGregor hasn't fought in UFC since his historic UFC 205 victory over Eddie Alvarez in 2016, a triumph which saw him become the first fighter in UFC history to hold two titles simultaneously.
"Conor’s still the champion. I have his belt at home," Kavanagh said. "He’s making the decision on what makes sense for the next move — but it’s early days yet."
The news article Mayweather alluded to in his tweet was actually reported all the way back in November - and plenty of fans picked up on it.
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: https://www.givemesport.com/writeforgms