Stefon Diggs said just five words after his game-winning touchdown against the Saints

Divisional Round - New Orleans Saints v Minnesota Vikings

Minnesota Vikings fans will still be recovering from last night’s NFC divisional playoff game against the New Orleans Saints.

After an incredible matchup that saw the lead shared between both the Vikings and the Saints throughout the last quarter, it came down to a last-second touchdown to decide who would reach the conference championship.

But it didn’t always look that close. Minnesota dominated the first half, taking a 17-0 lead into the break, becoming the first team to shut out the Saints before halftime since 2014.

Looking to avoid an embarrassing result, the visitors came out firing in the second half at U.S. Bank Stadium.

Three massive back-to-back plays in the third and fourth quarter saw the Saints score a touchdown, catch an interception and throw another touchdown to bring the score back to 17-14.

Vikings quarterback Case Keenum was unable to get the chains moving like he did in the first half and the hosts could only manage a field goal before the Saints scored another touchdown. 

With their third TD, New Orleans took the lead for the first time in the game, with three minutes left. 

The momentum did swing back to Minnesota on the next drive, but they could only manage another field goal to make it 23-21. 

Divisional Round - New Orleans Saints v Minnesota Vikings

The Saints then kicked one of their own to lead 24-23 with 25 seconds left on the clock. 

And with the Vikings needing to drive all the way up the field from their own 25-yard line, with less than 30 seconds remaining, things were looking bleak. 

A false start penalty made things worse, but Keenum was able to find Stefon Diggs for 19-yards, taking the Vikings up to their 39 with 10 seconds left. 

Divisional Round - New Orleans Saints v Minnesota Vikings

And that's when the "Minnesota Miracle" happened. On third down, after two failed throws, Keenum launched a pass to the sideline, looking for Diggs once again. 

Despite being covered, the wide receiver managed to catch the ball. Saints rookie safety Marcus Williams missed his tackle on Diggs, wiping out a teammate at the same time.  

That mistake left Diggs with an open field and he ran the ball into the end zone for a 61-yard touchdown, sending the home fans into pandemonium. 

Divisional Round - New Orleans Saints v Minnesota Vikings

As the clock ticked to zero, the Vikings made one of the greatest plays in post-season history, winning the game 29-24. 

Wild celebrations followed as Minnesota reached their first conference championship since 2009 and while walking off the field, Diggs said just five words after his game-winning play.


A video posted on the NFL's Twitter showed Diggs holding the camera, appearing almost speechless, unable to get any words out at all.

He then simply says "give my glory to God" before shaking his head in disbelief.

Check it out below. 

And Diggs wasn't the only one lost for words after the conclusion to the game.

Another video, posted by the Vikings, showed Keenum throwing water over the wide receiver, before embracing the man that caught his pass.

He then sums the moment up himself with six words of his own, saying "I don't know what happened either!" back in the home changing rooms. 

With a historic win that appeared to leave almost everyone speechless, the Vikings now advance to face the Eagles in the NFC championship.

And if they win that one, they'll be back at home to contest the Super Bowl, on Sunday, February 4.  

News Now - Sport News