Ever since CM Punk walked out on the WWE due to his various issues with the company, he and the promotion's relationship has been rocky at best.
Punk walked out on the WWE back in January of 2014 following the Royal Rumble. He cited issues with WWE's medical staff, upper management, and several Superstars as key reasons for his decision.
Instead he would go on to sign a multi-fight deal with the UFC and transition into a career in the world of mixed martial arts (MMA). He made his Octagon debut in September of 2016 at UFC 203 when he lost to Mickey Gall via first round submission.
After the fight it was widely speculated if Punk would fight again, however, he has remained adamant he wants to continue fighting in MMA and a next fight has been rumored for the past few months.
As for his professional wrestling career, although Punk has stated he is now retired many believe he'll one day return to WWE for one final run.
With RAW's huge 25th Anniversary show right around the corner, it would make perfect sense for "The Cult Of Personality" to return.
Recently WWE held a Raw 25 Greatest Moments Ever special and acknowledged Punk as the #2 greatest moment in RAW history for his 'pipe bomb' promo in which he seemingly went off-script and obliterated top WWE officials and Superstars in a shoot promo.
The full list of top RAW moments of all time can be found here:
25. Mae Young put through a table (March 13, 2000)
24. X-Pac upsets Razor Ramon (May 17, 1993)
23. Vince McMahon introduces Eric Bischoff as RAW GM (July 15, 2002)
22. Shane McMahon takes over WCW Nitro (March 26, 2001)
21. Mike Tyson faces off with ‘Stone Cold’ (January 19, 1998)
20. This is your life, Rock! (September 27, 1999)
19. Wedding Crashing ‘Game’ (November 29, 1999),
18. Festival of Friendship (February 13, 2017) 17. Edge’s farewell (April 11, 2011) 16. Silence is golden (February 21, 2011)
15. Bedpan McMahon (October 5, 1998)
14. Shane O’Mac is back! (February 25, 2016) 13. The Charismatic Swanton Bomb (January 14, 2008) 12. DX invade WCW (April 27, 1998)
11. Brock Lesnar returns (April 2, 2012) 10. Draft Lottery (June 6, 2005)
9. Mankind wins it for WWE (January 4, 1999)
8. Women’s Evolution Begins (December 6, 2004)
7. The Architect destroys The Shield (June 2, 2014)
6. It’s Roman’s yard now (April 3, 2017)
5. The Rattlesnake stuns Mr. McMahon (September 22, 1997)
4. Chris Jericho’s WWE debut (August 9, 1999)
3. Occupy RAW (March 10, 2014)
2. CM Punk’s Pipebomb promo (June 27, 2011)
1. Austin’s Beer Truck (March 22, 1999)
What are your thoughts on WWE referencing Punk ahead of, arguably, their biggest episode of Monday Night RAW in history? Do you think that a possible CM Punk appearance could be in the works for the groundbreaking event? And do you think Punk will ever return to WWE for one last run in the company? Have YOUR say in the comments section below, and the fourth episode of GiveMeSport’s WWE podcast is here!
Check it out via this link: https://soundcloud.com/user-818579649/gms-wwe-podcast-money-in-the-bank-fallout
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: https://gms.to/writeforgms
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: https://www.givemesport.com/writeforgms