When Leroy Sane was hacked down Joe Bennett in the FA Cup last month, there were immediate fears the Manchester City man had suffered a serious injury.
Bennett's studs crashed into Sane's ankle while the German was running at full pace, yet somehow the referee didn't show a red card.
Sane, meanwhile, was on the floor in a lot of pain and had to be replaced at half-time, with Sergio Aguero coming on in his place.
Speaking after the game, City manager Pep Guardiola called for referees to start protecting the players.
"The only thing they have to do is protect the players," said the Spaniard. "Please protect the players. Not the Manchester City players, THE players.
"The only thing they can do is that - protect the players - or it will happen again, it will happen again. For football in general, the players they are the artists, you have to take care of them."
Guardiola predicted Sane would be out for a month, but a few days later it was confirmed the 22-year-old would be out for six to seven weeks.
That was just under two weeks ago, so football fans were shocked on Thursday when pictures emerged of Sane seemingly training with City's first team (see below).
Every football fan was asking the same question when Sane was pictured in training: how on earth has he recovered from his injury four weeks early?
City fans were understandably buzzing to see the German back on the pitch, but rather predictably, the whole truth wasn't told.
The Daily Mail have now released an update on the situation saying Sane was not training with City's first team and is just continuing his rehabilitation.
Sorry City fans, but Sane is still very much injured and won't be playing anytime soon.
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: https://www.givemesport.com/writeforgms