Striker Fernando Torres has brushed aside questions about his Liverpool future but admitted the club needed to improve issues off the field.
Former chairman David Moores on Wednesday called for co-owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett to sell up quickly after more than three torrid years of in-fighting. Torres has previously spoken out about the need to bring in "four or five" quality signings this summer but said the ownership also needed to be addressed.
"That is one of the ways we need to improve," said the Spain international.
"I know the situation, I speak to the chief executive (Christian Purslow) and Rafa (Benitez) every week and I am aware of what is going on.
"I have tried to stay apart from them and re-focus on the national team so when the World Cup ends, we'll see what happens."
On Tuesday Torres' agent Jose Antonio Peton said that despite speculation about interest from Chelsea and Manchester City the 26-year-old would be remaining at Liverpool.
"For the moment I can assure fans that Fernando will continue at Liverpool next season," he told a Spanish radio station.
Those remarks were put to the striker at a press conference for his national team but he said: "I didn't read them.
"The most important thing for me now is the World Cup. My future is the World Cup and then we'll see later.
"For now and hopefully for the next two months the only thing I am thinking about and talking about is the World Cup."
Copyright (c) PA Sport 2009, All Rights Reserved.
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: https://www.givemesport.com/writeforgms