Former WBA cruiserweight champion Tony Bellew is well amidst preparations for his much anticipated rematch against former WBA world heavyweight champion David Haye at the O2 Arena on May 5, being shown exclusively on Sky Sports Box Office.
But, Tony 'Bomber' Bellew has been in the headlines recently because he has expressed a desire to fight in the cage for UFC, and has revealed during a media lunch at Liverpool's Hilton Hotel that he has already held talks with representatives about a possible fight with ex-UFC middleweight champion Michael Bisping.
When speaking on talkSPORT, Bellew said, as per BoxingScene: "IMG I think it was, the guys I met with in Vegas.
"At the Conor McGregor vs Floyd Mayweather fight, I had a sit down with a couple of guys.
"They were like ‘are you serious?’ and I said ‘100%’.
“I would love to have a go in a cage. Something about it floats my boat.”
Bellew and Bisping exchanged verbal blows when they met last year regarding a possible showdown, with the MMA fighter willing to put on the 10oz gloves and face Bellew in the boxing ring.
Bisping, who has recorded a two-loss streak against Georges St-Pierre for the middleweight belt, and Kelvin Gastelum two weeks after, has expressed a desire for one more fight before retiring, and it seems Bellew is keen to oblige the MMA fighters retiring wish.
"Bisping can talk – and you know what, I would love it,” Bellew continued.
"But I’ve got all the respect in the world for Bisping, it wouldn’t cross over to be nasty or anything. I’m pretty sure it would just be fun.
"I would turn his lights out, he would go fast asleep. He would just go bo-bozing immediately.
"If I hit someone with four-ounce gloves on, it is naughty."
Whether 'Bomber' Bellew will be fighting in the Octagon remains to be seen, but for now, he'll be focused on his rematch with David 'Hayemaker' Haye.
Will it be a repeat victory for Bellew? Or revenge for Haye?