Last night's (Sat. May 19, 2018) UFC Chile event showcased some amazing finishes on the preliminary card.
The UFC Fight Night 129 from the Movistar Arena in Santiago, Chile played host to a featherweight scrap between Gabriel Benitez and Humberto Bandenay.
Right off the bat the fight was wild, as Benitez dropped Bandenay with a big punch.
Bandenay then went for an armbar, but that was the beginning of the end for him. Benitez fought out of the submission and used a massive slam to roll Bandenay's eyes back into his head.
Benitez then followed up with some vicious ground-and-pound before the referee stepped in to put a stop to the action.
All of this took place in a matter of seconds, as the victory officially came in at 39 seconds of the first round.
You can check out the wild finish in the video below:
UFC Chile also featured a ton of other wild finishes on its card as well. An awesome kneebar submission earned Claudio Puelles an amazing comeback victory earlier in the night on Fight Pass.
Poliana Botelho delivered a nasty body kick that stopped Syuri Kondo in her tracks in the first round. Chad Laprise slept Vicente Luque with one of the most technically beautiful short-left hooks you'll ever see.
Dominick Reyes continued his terrorization of the light heavyweight division by finishing longtime veteran Jarred Cannonier via first round knockout.
And former Ultimate Fighter (TUF) winner Tatianna Suarez put herself on the map with a first round submission win over Alexa Grasso. The full results from UFC Chile can be seen below:
UFC Fight Pass Exclusive Prelims:
- Featherweight: Enrique Barzola def. Brandon Davis via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-26, 30-26)
- Bantamweight: Frankie Saenz def. Henry Briones via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-26)
- Lightweight: Claudio Puelles def. Felipe Silva via R3 submission (kneebar, 2:23)
- Welterweight: Michel Prazeres def. Zak Cummings via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Flyweight: Alexandre Pantoja def. Brandon Moreno via unanimous decision (30-26, 30-26, 29-27)
- Women’s strawweight: Poliana Botelho def. Syuri Kondo via R1 TKO (body kick and punches, 0:33)
- Featherweight: Gabriel Benitez def. Humberto Bandenay via R1 KO (slam and punches, 0:39)
- Welterweight: Kamaru Usman def. Demian Maia via unanimous decision (50-45, 49-46, 49-46)
- Women's strawweight: Tatiana Suarez def. Alexa Grasso via R1 submission (rear-naked choke, 2:44)
- Light heavyweight: Dominick Reyes def. Jared Cannonier via R1 TKO (punch, 2:55)
- Bantamweight: Guido Cannetti def. Diego Rivas via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Women's flyweight: Andrea Lee def. Veronica Macedo via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Welterweight: Vicente Luque def. Chad Laprise via R1 KO (punches, 4:16)
What are your thoughts on Benitez's amazing slam knockout last night? What was your favorite finish from the card? And did you enjoy the card overall in Chile last night? Let us know your thoughts on the matter in the comments section below!
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: https://gms.to/writeforgms