Last night's (Fri. May 26, 2018) Bellator 200 event provided the mixed martial arts (MMA) word with some great highlight reel moments.
One moment that stood out above the rest, however, was what the returning Michael "Venom" Page forced in the second round of his co-main event match-up against David Rickels. The 31-year-old was able to extend his undefeated MMA record to 13-0.
After his 18-month hiatus from the cage, Page returned with an amazing performance against Rickels that forced his adversary to quit in the second round.
Check it out here:
Page landed a hard jab on Rickels that hurt him, and Rickels subsequently told the referee that he had enough.
Immediately after hitting Rickels with the jab that ended the night, Page knew he had Rickels hurt badly, as he began taunting him immediately.
Shortly after, Rickels took to Twitter to pay homage to Page on a well-fought fight, noting he's the "real deal":
A Promising Prospect
Page is a longtime veteran of Bellator MMA and is one of the better knockout artists in the sport. Although his record is unblemished, many have criticism the Englishman for not having been tested against competition in the upper echelon of the welterweight division.
It should be interesting to see who Page is paired up with next.
You can check out the full results from Bellator 200 here below (via LowKickMMA):
MAIN CARD (Paramount (tape delay), 9 p.m. ET)
- Gegard Mousasi def. Rafael Carvalho via TKO (strikes) – Round 1, 3:35 – to win middleweight title
- Michael Page def. David Rickels via submission (verbal) – Round 2, 0:43
- Aaron Chalmers def. Ash Griffiths via technical submission (standing guillotine choke) – Round 1, 1:54
- Mike Shipman def. Carl Noon via knockout (punches) – Round 1, 0:11
- Kate Jackson def. Anastasia Yankova via unanimous decision (30-26, 30-26, 29-27)
- Phil Davis def. Linton Vassell via knockout (head kick) – Round 3, 1:05
PRELIMINARY CARD (Bellator app, 12:30 p.m. ET)
- Jahreau Shepherd def. Marcin Zywica via TKO (doctor’s stoppage) – Round 1, 5:00
- Walter Gahadza def. Kent Kauppinen via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 2, 2:04
- Amir Albazi def. Iurie Bejenari via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1, 3:21
- Charlie Leary def. Tom Green via TKO (punches) – Round 2, 4:58
- Charlie Ward def. Martin Hudson via TKO (punches) – Round 1, 2:23
- Pedro Carvalho def. Daniel Crawford via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Anatoly Tokov def. Vladimir Filipovic via submission (guillotine choke) – Round 1, 0:56
- Costello van Steenis def. Kevin Fryer via TKO (strikes) – Round 1, 1:27
- Mike Ekundayo def. Tom Mearns via TKO (arm injury) – Round 2, 1:02
What are your thoughts on Rickels signaling that he had enough after the punch from Page in the second round? Let us know your thoughts on the matter in the comments section below!
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: https://www.givemesport.com/writeforgms