UFC

.

Conor McGregor expresses regret for UFC 223 bus attack in statement

Published Add your comment

Football News
24/7

Conor McGregor was in court today in Brooklyn, New York, along with his teammate Cian Crowley and their legal team as he is facing assault charges originating from a bus incident prior to UFC 223 last month.

UFC 223

On April 5, the week of UFC 223, McGregor and his entourage entered the Barclays Center by credentialed members of his promotional team. They were looking for Khabib Nurmagomedov after he had a minor altercation with Artem Lobov, the Irishman's teammate, during the week.

Video evidence shows the Irishman attacking a bus with a metal dolly at the UFC 223 media day, injuring several UFC fighters in the process which resulted in many fights being cancelled or changed. He has been charged with three misdemeanor crimes and a felony.

Today's court session was very brief, as McGregor’s team informed the court that they plan to negotiate a plea deal. They are expected to enter the actual plea in his next court appearance on July 26.

McGregor regrets his actions

Moments after his appearance in court, McGregor told the waiting media outside court: "I regret my actions that led me here today.

"I understand the seriousness of this matter and I am hopeful that it gets resolved soon."

McGregor’s manager, Audie Attar, has said to MMA Fighting that they will not discuss any fight-related plans until these legal matters are resolved.

He said: “Today we’re here to focus on court, we’re not going to focus on any future plans until we handle this matter. Right now we’re in good negotiations with the district attorney, so we’re going to focus on that and we’ll focus on the future later.”

Notorious hasn't fought inside the Octagon in almost two years now, and many UFC fans have been wondering for some time now exactly when we'll see the former UFC Lightweight Champion fighting again.

A lot has happened since he last fought at UFC 205 in November 2016, where he defeated Eddie Alvarez for the UFC Lightweight title. However, UFC president Dana White has recently stated that he will be meeting with the Irishman on June 18 to sort out his future with UFC once and for all.

Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: https://www.givemesport.com/writeforgms

Topics:
Dana White
Nate Diaz
Khabib Nurmagomedov
UFC

Article Comments

Read more

Report author of article

Please let us know if you believe this article is in violation of our editorial policy, please only report articles for one of the following reasons.

Report author

DISCLAIMER

This article has been written by a member of the GiveMeSport Writing Academy and does not represent the views of GiveMeSport.com or SportsNewMedia. The views and opinions expressed are solely that of the author credited at the top of this article. GiveMeSport.com and SportsNewMedia do not take any responsibility for the content of its contributors.

Want more content like this?

Like our GiveMeSport Facebook Page and you will get this directly to you.

Already Subscribed to Facebook, don't ask me again

Follow GiveMeSport on Twitter and you will get this directly to you.

Already Following, don't ask me again

Like our GiveMeSport - UFC Page and you will get this directly to you.

Already Subscribed to G+, don't ask me again