British heavyweight boxer Hughie Fury has recently been awarded the number 5 position in the IBF rankings, following his fifth round victory over British champ Sam Sexton in May, meaning he is in with a shot at the IBF title.
That belt is currently held by Anthony Joshua, as well as the WBA and WBO titles, and Fury's team believe he can challenge the man at the top.
The 23-year old was previously a WBO mandatory challenger, but suffered a narrow points defeat to Joseph Parker in the WBO title fight last September.
Despite that defeat, Fury's father is confident he has learned from the experience and could trouble Joshua.
When asked about Hughie's next outing, Peter Fury told Sky Sports: "We're looking early September. He's ready. If we could challenge for it tomorrow, we would. We're just going to see who we can get, and get him back in the mandatory position as soon as possible."
Cousin to the controversial heavyweight Tyson Fury, Hughie knows a fight with AJ will take time and patience to set up, and so for now he and his team are focusing on the next fight,
"We wholeheartedly believe in Hughie and we're looking forward to getting there, but that's not quite going to be yet, so we have to look at the next fight, and take it from there," his father added.
"As soon as it comes available, if Hughie is fortunate enough to be in that position, we'll gladly take it."
Fury isn't the only fighter eyeing a shot at AJ at the top, with Dillian Whyte taking on Joseph Parker at the O2 on July 28, the winner of that bout could also end up facing AJ. Elsewhere.
Kubrat Pulev has also been told by the IBF to fight Jarrell Miller in a bid to become the mandatory challenger.
The big Bulgarian Pulev, who had to withdraw from facing Joshua last year is another heavyweight the Fury camp would like to target.
"It would be a good fight between Pulev and Hughie," said Peter Fury. "That's a fight we would definitely be interested in, if it could be made. I know Mick is looking at all options at the moment."