West Ham captain Scott Parker has ended speculation about his future by signing a new contract until the end of the 2013-14 season.
The central midfielder, who signed for the club from Newcastle in 2007, had been the subject of interest from Barclays Premier League rivals Tottenham, who had a bid for the 29-year-old rejected during the transfer window.
The Hammers announced on Thursday afternoon that Parker had signed a new contract that will see him stay at the club for another four years, with the option of a further 12 months.
Hammers co-owner David Sullivan said last year that Parker's importance to the club was so high that he was the only player that he would not consider selling.
The midfielder, who made Fabio Capello's provisional World Cup squad, was an ever-present for the East London club during last season's campaign, in which the Hammers narrowly avoided relegation.
Parker's 30-yard drive against Wigan secured the club's Premier League position for another season but his future at Upton Park was thrown into doubt when Spurs boss Harry Redknapp tabled an £7million offer for the midfielder last month.
The former Chelsea midfielder, who has been voted the club's player of the year for the last two campaigns, says he always knew that he would remain at Upton Park.
"I am just absolutely delighted to have signed the contract," Parker told the club's official website. "Everyone knows I enjoy playing my football here. I really wanted to stay here, give it a shot and see what can happen."
"With the transfer window there is all this big hype," he added. "There are obviously times when it is stressful but from the outset I always knew this was where I was going to be.
"The owners came out and spoke last season and I am more than happy."
Copyright (c) PA Sport 2009, All Rights Reserved.
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: https://www.givemesport.com/writeforgms