Football

.

Chelsea man Willian offers a comical excuse for covering Antonio Conte in trophies

Published Add your comment

Football News
24/7

Brazilian midfielder Willian looks unlikely to leave Chelsea following the arrival of new manager Maurizio Sarri from Napoli.

Manchester United and Barcelona were both interested in his signature but he now insists that he's happy to stay at Chelsea.

"Mourinho always sends me text messages," said Willian to ESPN.

"But I am very happy at Chelsea, I want to stay in the club. I also like living in London, it is an amazing city, and my family is well adapted. So yeah, I intend to stay at Chelsea."

Earlier this summer, Willian hit the headlines after the FA Cup final for all the wrong reasons.

Willian posted a photo on Instagram celebrating alongside his teammates following the 1-0 victory over Manchester United

The 29-year-old Chelsea midfielder was subbed on in stoppage time - and he chose to vent his frustration on social media.

Conte was in the photograph but Willian covered him with the trophy emoji.

He surely wouldn't have a future in west London if the former Juventus boss had stayed.

Conte had previously fallen out with the Brazilian born duo of David Luiz and Diego Costa at Stamford Bridge.

Newcastle United v Chelsea - Premier League

Speaking on ESPN Brazil on Sunday night, Willian was asked to explain the controversial Instagram post.

"My daughter was playing with my phone and she ended up putting those emojis over Conte," responded Willian.

Even the most gullible football fans wouldn't believe that.

"He also had problems with David Luiz and Costa," added Willian. "With Diego, I remember it was after the season.

"I was in Australia with Brazil and Diego texted me. He said: 'I'm leaving. Conte said he doesn't need me anymore'.

"But you don't lose a player like Diego Costa. It was a difficult situation."

FBL-ENG-PR-CHELSEA-NEWCASTLE

Former Aston Villa defender Joleon Lescott famously claimed to have accidentally tweeted a photo of an expensive car from his pocket following a humiliating defeat.

Roughly an hour after being unceremoniously thrashed 6-0 by Liverpool at Villa Park, Lescott posted a photo of a flashy £125,000 sports car on Twitter.

Lescott later tweeted an apology: "I'm not one for tweeting after games whether it's a good, bad or indifferent result, but I would like to apologise for the performance today, both personally and collectively.

"Liverpool are and were better than us today but that doesn't excuse mine and the teams lack of commitment for the 90 minutes. Again apologies to all the fans.

"I would like to add that the tweet that was sent from my account involving a picture of a car was totally accidental it happened whilst driving and my phone was in my pocket."

Footballers + social media = a recipe for disaster.

Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: https://www.givemesport.com/writeforgms

Topics:
Football
Maurizio Sarri
Antonio Conte
Willian Borges da Silva
Jose Mourinho
Diego Costa
Brazil Football
Premier League
David Luiz
Manchester United
Chelsea

Article Comments

Read more

Report author of article

Please let us know if you believe this article is in violation of our editorial policy, please only report articles for one of the following reasons.

Report author

DISCLAIMER

This article has been written by a member of the GiveMeSport Writing Academy and does not represent the views of GiveMeSport.com or SportsNewMedia. The views and opinions expressed are solely that of the author credited at the top of this article. GiveMeSport.com and SportsNewMedia do not take any responsibility for the content of its contributors.

Want more content like this?

Like our GiveMeSport Facebook Page and you will get this directly to you.

Already Subscribed to Facebook, don't ask me again

Follow GiveMeSport on Twitter and you will get this directly to you.

Already Following, don't ask me again