Football

.

Football fans have been voting on who will score most in the league - Messi or Ronaldo

Published Add your comment

Football News
24/7

Both comfortably over the age of 30 now, we could be forgiven for wondering how much longer we will get to enjoy Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo at the pinnacle of the game.

Both had a disappointing time in Russia, and crashed out on the same day of the World Cup, yet their club form remains exceptional.

Messi earned another Pichichi trophy with 34 goals on the way to yet another La Liga title, whilst Ronaldo bagged a huge 15 goals as Los Blancos secured a record third successive Champions League title.

Simply put, the pair are reaching levels we’ve rarely, if ever, seen before.

The situation has changed a little now though. Having been able to enjoy twice yearly (at least) meetings in El Clasico, Ronaldo upped sticks from Spain and has joined Juventus.

FBL-FIFA-NEYMAR-RONALDO-MESSI-AWARD

Although now playing in a different league, the goal for both remains the same – to see who can perform as the best player on the planet.

Of course, a large indicator of performance is goals, so over at GiveMeSport we ran a poll to see who fans believed would finish as the higher scorer in their respective league.

Messi is such a reliable scorer in La Liga, can Ronaldo do the same in Serie A?

Over 24,900 fans have voted already – at the moment Ronaldo is in the lead with 58% of the vote, with Messi taking the remaining 42%.

p1cl4ajt2d1iek13g59rt14k01etri.jpg

There are a few days left though, so check it out here if you’d like to vote.

Much will depend on how Ronaldo settles into life in Italy – we’re sure that won’t be an issue though, he took to England and Spain just fine.

In reality, most fans will be happy to see the pair produce moments of jaw-dropping brilliance on a regular basis for as long as possible.

Both Barcelona and Juventus play their first league games tomorrow – we’ll be watching in anticipation.

Topics:
Football
Lionel Messi
Cristiano Ronaldo

Article Comments

Read more

Report author of article

Please let us know if you believe this article is in violation of our editorial policy, please only report articles for one of the following reasons.

Report author

DISCLAIMER

This article has been written by a member of the GiveMeSport Writing Academy and does not represent the views of GiveMeSport.com or SportsNewMedia. The views and opinions expressed are solely that of the author credited at the top of this article. GiveMeSport.com and SportsNewMedia do not take any responsibility for the content of its contributors.

Want more content like this?

Like our GiveMeSport Facebook Page and you will get this directly to you.

Already Subscribed to Facebook, don't ask me again

Follow GiveMeSport on Twitter and you will get this directly to you.

Already Following, don't ask me again