Representatives of Kieron Dyer have dismissed allegations the West Ham midfielder was involved in a bust-up with Hammers manager Avram Grant.
A number of Saturday morning's newspapers claimed the pair had a heated exchange after Grant told Dyer he would not be part of the travelling party for the match at Stoke. The 31-year-old, who is currently struggling with a thigh injury, did not make the journey but insists the decision to omit him did not lead to an altercation with his manager.
"Kieron Dyer read with concern and bemusement reports on Saturday morning in several newspapers that he supposedly had a "row" or "bust-up" with West Ham manager Avram Grant," Graham Shear of BLP Solicitors told Press Association Sport. "Kieron confirmed that this is untrue and that there has been no dispute of any nature with Avram Grant."
Shear added: "Kieron is uncertain why he was not selected for the squad and, whilst he does have a thigh injury, if he had been selected, he would have willingly joined the squad on the trip to Stoke."
Grant will not be in charge of the Hammers for the match as he observes the Jewish holy day of Yom Kippur. The 55-year-old has delegated control of the team to senior coaching staff Zeljko Petrovic, Paul Groves and Kevin Keen.
Copyright (c) PA Sport 2009, All Rights Reserved.
Do YOU want to write for GiveMeSport? Get started today by signing-up and submitting an article HERE: https://www.givemesport.com/writeforgms