It’s no secret that Tyson Fury doesn’t hold a particularly high opinion of Matchroom Boxing chief Eddie Hearn.
In the aftermath of Anthony Joshua’s victory over Russian Alexander Povetkin last month, Fury ended up blocking both Joshua and Hearn on Twitter, furious because he felt he was being ducked.
"I have to say the saddest thing ever the British fight fans will never get to see Fury vs Joshua. That's a crying shame!” Fury said in a tweet which he later deleted. "It's the biggest British fight in history of boxing in Briton but Sky [and] Matchroom have robbed the paying public again. Ask your self why don't they want this?"
Hearn then further antagonised Fury by questioning his style of boxing, describing him as “the most unentertaining fighter I’ve ever seen”.
“I don’t want to be disrespectful, but Tyson Fury is the most unentertaining fighter I’ve ever seen,” Hearn told reporters.
“He’s never been in a good fight in his whole career, apart from (Steve) Cunningham, where he got knocked down.
“Deontay Wilder against Anthony Joshua is the biggest fight in world boxing and stylistically it is the most exciting match-up you could possibly make in boxing,”
However, it’s Fury who will take on Wilder in Los Angeles on December 1 following back-to-back wins over Sefer Seferi and Francesco Planeta.
Joshua is expected to face the winner next April - although neither Joshua nor Hearn appear to believe there’s a realistic chance that it will be Fury.
Fury reacted to Hearn’s incendiary comments last month by tweeting: “There is a certain daddy’s boy in boxing. Who offered me millions of pounds to sign a contract with him! Because he didn’t get GK he now says I’m the worst fighter he as ever seen! Bitter little spoiled punk, #sausage.”
Fury posts screenshot of email from Hearn
And now, two weeks later, Fury has backed up his words by posting a screenshot of a private and confidential email sent to him by Hearn last November.
“Just something to shut a little tit of a boxing promoter up,” Fury tweeted, alongside the screenshot. “Not a bad offer for the worse boxer out there!!!”
The screenshot shows Hearn emailed Fury saying: “I’ve been thinking a lot about us working together and I’m very excited. It’s a deal that would blow the boxing World right up.”
This is then followed by a ‘three-fight proposal’ for Fury to work promotionally with Matchroom and to box on Sky Sports Box Office.
The first fight would be scheduled for Spring 2018, featuring a £3 million purse.
Here’s how boxing fans have reacted to Fury’s revealing tweet…
It’s safe to assume that Hearn won’t be impressed with Fury’s decision to leak details of a private email.
But it suggests Hearn’s decision to berate Fury’s entertainment value may have been a deliberate attempt to wind the 30-year-old up further.