Speaking to TMZ Sports, Mike Tyson has revealed his hopes for another Floyd Mayweather fight, but has claimed it shouldn't be inside the Octagon.
Despite insisting he's retired, Mayweather was recently forced to deny he'd agreed to fight Japanese kickboxer Tenshin Nasukawa.
The former five-weight boxing world champion was said to have agreed to face Nasukawa in Japan on December 31.
Mayweather, 41, says he had only been asked to compete in a non-televised event for "wealthy spectators".
"Once I arrived to the press conference, my team and I were completely derailed," said Mayweather.
"We should have put a stop to it immediately.
"I can assure you that I too was completely blindsided by the arrangements that were being made without my consent nor approval. I was hesitant to create a huge disturbance by combating what was being said and for that I am truly sorry.
"First and foremost, I want it to be clear that I, Floyd Mayweather, never agreed to an official bout with Tenshin Nasukawa.
"In fact [with all due respect] I have never heard of him until this recent trip to Japan.
"I was asked to participate in a nine-minute exhibition of three rounds with an opponent selected by the Rizen Fighting Federation."
Despite this, Tyson expressed his hopes for a comeback fight, as long as it didn't see a potential crossover to MMA.
"No, I wouldn't like to see him do that.
"I like him better in the four-sided square."
Despite showing more interest in promoting his new Tyson Ranch brand, the former boxer was clearly opposed to seeing Mayweather step into the Octagon.
Tyson did, however, express his hope for a return to the boxing ring for the 41-year-old, who hasn't fought since his victory over Conor McGregor in August of last year.
Speaking on McGregor, Tyson showed little interest in a potential next opponent, and instead shared McGregor's thoughts on his new venture.
"Hey, McGregor's a good guy," Mike said. "He liked our kush. I'm very grateful for that."