Tyson Fury has accused Deontay Wilder of dirty tactics following their brawl at Wednesday's press conference, as both men look to settle their feud on December 1.
The two heavyweights have a combined 67-match unbeaten streak, with 40 of those in the champion's corner.
However, Wilder has often been criticised for his reign as WBC champion, with many people believing that Fury will be the first significant challenge of his career.
Much has been said in the build-up to the fight, and one significant aspect was raised by promoter Eddie Hearn, who criticised the popularity of the event and the champion in his own country.
Hearn was worried that poor ticket sales would de-value the magnitude of the fight, with only around 7,000 tickets reportedly sold just last week.
During their press conference midweek, the two had to be separated during their faceoff as the two fighters began brawling, sparking a melee between both camps, which Fury blames entirely on Wilder.
"Deontay Wilder needed to do something so he started getting in my face," said Fury, per Sky Sports.
"I believe he wanted me to hit today so he could get out of the fight, or get me a massive fine. But I was not going to do that.
"It was a just a load of rubbish really. I'm quite disappointed that it had to come to that sort of stuff, those tactics, at such a high level."
The former WBA, IBF, WBO and IBO champion later offered a back-handed apology on behalf of him and Wilder
"I apologise for the conduct on both of our parts because tempers were high and he does need to prove a point."
Wilder is currently 40-0 with 39 knockouts in his professional career and maintain's his excitement and says he is relishing the opportunity to beat the Gypsy King.
"I can't wait," said Wilder. "He does a lot of talking but now it is time to show it."News Now - Sport News