Kareem Hunt's world has been turned upside down over the past seven days.
In that time, Hunt has gone from being one of the most exciting young running backs in the entire NFL, leading the backfield in Kansas City as the Chiefs look to make a run at the Super Bowl, to out on the street after being cut.
A video emerged earlier this week on TMZ of an incident from February of this year when Hunt got into a violent altercation with a woman.
Moments after being placed on the 'Commissioner's Exempt List' by Roger Goodell, the Chiefs decided they didn't want Hunt on the team anymore, with speculation stirring that Hunt lied to the organization about what really happened on that.
After seeing his reputation take a beating in the media and on social platforms, Hunt's first interview since this all blew up aired this morning, giving the 22-year-old his own platform to speak.
In an interview with ESPN that was broadcast ahead of Sunday's games, Hunt insisted that he wasn't that 'type of person' and begged for forgiveness after seeing his career take a steep nosedive right in front of him.
"I just want to let the world know how sorry I am for my actions. It's been a tough time for me and I'm extremely embarrassed from the video," Hunt said.
"I'm definitely not that type of person. My mother raised me right.
"I'm asking for forgiveness. I believe I deserve forgiveness. I know it's going to be hard. I'm not going to let this bring me down."
While Hunt says this isn't going to bring him down, the NFL and owners around the league may take a different viewpoint.
When asked, the running back refused to go into detail about what actually happened on the fateful night.
"It was just a long night. It don't really matter what happened, I was in the wrong. I could have took responsibility and make the right decision," he said. "It was definitely some things that was said and did that I did not like... it's not an excuse."
Hunt is already facing a six-game suspension that will likely be served at the start of next season, and the league are now said to be investigating another incident that could see more games tacked onto that punishment - which would make him a very hard signing to argue for.News Now - Sport News