Anthony Joshua responds to Deontay Wilder saying he's begging him to fight

Anthony Joshua

The world is waiting to see who is named as Anthony Joshua's next opponent for April 13 at Wembley.

At the moment, the four main candidates are Deontay Wilder, Tyson Fury, Dillian Whyte and Dereck Chisora.

Whyte and Chisora meet for their rematch on December 22 and the winner of that bout could be offered a world title chance.

However, boxing fans want Joshua to aim higher, with a heavyweight unification fight against Wilder the one everyone wants.

An all-British meeting with Fury would be epic, but people want the division's two champions to finally come face-to-face.

Wilder and Joshua's teams failed to negotiate a deal last time out and there is talk of a rematch with Fury.

The Bronze Bomber recently said, per Independent: "They're [Joshua's team] definitely begging now. He's trying to reach out all of a sudden.

"His management have been trying to reach out to mine as well. 

"He could have had this opportunity, he had many opportunities; he could have fought Luis Ortiz, he could have fought me, he had a chance to fight [Tyson] Fury.

Wilder v Fury

"But people want to know who's the best, especially after seeing this Fury fight, and I've been trying to show people who is the best. I'm always going to say I'm the best until I'm defeated."

Wilder isn't playing anymore and Joshua has now responded to his 'begging' taunt in an interview with iFL TV.

Joshua said: "Begging? Yeah I am begging. I wanna become undisputed champion of the world. I'm hungry for it, so yeah I am begging for it."

It seems he's determined to sort the mega-fight, despite previously stating that he was interested in a rematch with Whyte if he does beat Chisora.

Joshua with his belts

Maybe the talk of Joshua and his team dodging a fight with Wilder back in September have prompted him into action.

News Now - Sport News