Dillian Whyte has explained his angry reaction to Anthony Joshua's response to his call-out at the O2 Arena on Saturday night.
Immediately after knocking out Dereck Chisora in their 11-round rematch, Whyte told Sky Sports that he was ready to face BoxRec and The Ring No.1 Anthony Joshua again.
The two fighters previously met in December 2015, when Joshua secured a British heavyweight title in seven rounds.
Joshua himself has admitted that Whyte has improved in the three years since, and the Body Snatcher wants to become the latest to challenge the former Olympic gold medalist's 22-fight unbeaten record.
Climbing into the ring after Whyte's comments, Joshua dented hopes that he would meet the 30-year-old next, admitting that Deontay Wilder was his first choice for his April 13 Wembley date.
"If Deontay Wilder ain't serious, and he's going to fight Tyson Fury and he doesn't want to become undisputed, Dillian you'll get a shot.''
Whyte was clearly displeased by the news that he was not Joshua's no.1 target, and stormed out of the ring in protest.
''Joshua was talking rubbish man. Just talking rubbish. I'm not going to sit around and wait for him," Whyte said afterwards, explaining why he walked out of the ring.
''What am I going to do, sit around and waste three or four months waiting for him, waiting to hear what he's doing? I ain't got time for that. My career needs to progress.''
A Joshua-Wider showdown for all four world titles had seemed an inevitability, but the shock split draw decision in the Fury-Wilder bout has cast doubt over this.
The American now looks set to face Fury in a rematch, with Wilder keen to decisively defend his WBC crown, having had his 100% record ended by The Gypsy King earlier this month.
In the event that the bout is organised, Joshua will be forced into seeking an alternative opponent, and Joshua himself cast doubt over seeking to fight Jarrell Miller in the US.
''If it’s not Wilder, it’s Whyte over Miller,'' said the 29-year old.
Eddie Hearn fuelled this speculation by saying that a rematch was a case of ''when, not if,'' with Whyte expected to become the WBO mandatory challenger.
Joshua was keen to shake off any claims of dodging a meeting with Wilder, if he was to fight Whyte in April.
''I don’t want to hear no talk when I whoop him, ‘Oh he has had an easy touch, you should have fought Wilder’. Any of them are free to step in that ring with me.''
AJ may be advised to name The Body Snatcher as his opponent for April 13, as Wilder and Tyson Fury look to settling their rivalry first, before moving on to challenging Joshua's unified world champion status.News Now - Sport News