The future of Chelsea youngster Callum Hudson-Odoi is still up in the air.
The 18-year-old has been linked with a move to Bayern Munich throughout January and has been subject to a number of bids from the Bundesliga club.
And the noises coming out of Stamford Bridge appear to suggest the winger is rather keen to leave west London.
However, on Tuesday night, it appeared a second team had entered the race for Hudson-Odoi.
That’s because German newspaper Bild suddenly claimed that Liverpool had held talks with Hudson Odoi’s agent earlier this month.
The report claimed that the Anfield club had met with the player and his brother Bradley, who also represents him.
It certainly would be a sensational story if Liverpool pipped Bayern Munich for the signature of the starlet.
However, it doesn’t seem that will be the case.
That’s because Liverpool correspondent, David Lynch, claims that Bild are talking rubbish.
Evening Standard journalist Simon Johnson tweeted about Liverpool’s reported interest but also revealed Lynch has received confirmation that it wasn’t true.
“There have been suggestions in Germany today that #lfc have held talks with #cfc starlet #HudsonOdoi. Our Liverpool correspondent @LynchStandard has checked it out and says that is not the case,” Johnson tweeted.
Well, that’s that then.
Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarei gave Hudson-Odoi a 10-minute run-out during the 1-0 loss to Arsenal last weekend and was asked about his future at full-time.
But Sarri remained extremely coy.
"I don't want to talk with him about something that I cannot resolve,” Sarri said.
"Mentally he's in a very positive moment. On the pitch we are really very happy with him. He's improving a lot in the last two months."