Aboubakar Kamara’s Fulham career is hanging in the balance after he was arrested on suspicion of actual bodily harm and criminal damage this week.
The 23-year-old striker, who joined the Cottagers from Amiens in 2017, has also been banned from the club’s training ground.
Per Sky Sports, police was called to Motspur Park after Kamara was involved in an incident on Monday evening. It was confirmed that a person had been arrested but Fulham have now confirmed the man in question was their No. 47.
"The club is grateful for the swift attention and action by the Metropolitan Police immediately following our reporting of the incident on Monday,” a Fulham statement said on Wednesday.
"The subject who was arrested is banned indefinitely from Motspur Park and all club activities.
"We will refrain from further comment but will stress that we will fully cooperate with any new or continuing investigation or legal proceeding in the name of providing everyone a secure and safe working environment."
The Metropolitan Police had said in an earlier statement: "Police were called to a training ground in New Malden, shortly after 17.00hrs on Monday, 21 January to reports of a fight.
"Officers attended. One man, in his 20s, was arrested on suspicion of ABH and criminal damage.
"He has been taken into custody in a south London police station. Enquiries continue."
The France-born striker has been involved in several controversial incidents in recent weeks.
Claudio Ranieri said he wanted to "kill" his centre-forward after ignoring team instructions by taking a penalty away from Aleksandar Mitrovic - and then missing the penalty.
Ranieri also accused Kamara of lacking respect for his club and teammates.
There were also bizarre reports last week that Kamara was involved in a fight with Mitrovic during a team yoga session.
Following this latest altercation, his spell at Craven Cottage could well be coming to an abrupt end.