Rafael dos Anjos challenges Conor McGregor after stating he wants to fight in Brazil

Rafael dos Anjos has called out Conor McGregor again after their 2016 matchup was cancelled

With Conor McGregor finally getting his punishment confirmed for his part in the UFC 229 fracas, he can now finally plan his next fight.

McGregor was given a six-month suspension, backdated to the October 6 date of the bout in 2018, on top of a $50,000 fine.

That means he can resume fighting in April, and he has no shortage of suitors wanting to fill their boots with all the money that comes with fighting the 'Notorious'.

A rematch with Khabib Nurmagomedov was mooted by both teams, but the Lightweight champion's willingness to sit out of action for a full year whilst his teammates serve their bans means that the sequel isn't likely to happen anytime soon.

One of the more likely opponents would be Donald 'Cowboy' Cerrone.

The UFC veteran returned to lightweight last month and defeated the up-and-comer Alexander Hernandez, extending his total wins in the promotion to a UFC-high of 22.

Both men have been vocal of wanting the fight, with McGregor congratulating Cerrone on his recent win and telling him he will definitely step into the Octagon with him if the opportunity arose - and Dana White has given it his blessing.

Conor McGregor is able to return to UFC action in April, and has a host of names ready to challenge him

But after McGregor sent out a tweet this past weekend stating that he would like to fight in Brazil after seeing the atmosphere produced during UFC's latest event, a couple of former foes spoke up.

The man McGregor knocked out in 13 seconds, Jose Aldo, said he would happily take McGregor on in his home nation, believing he has what it takes to conquer the Irishman.

And now Rafael dos Anjos has gotten in on the act as well.

Rafael dos Anjos has become the latest UFC fighter to challenge Conor McGregor upon his return

Directly quoting the tweet McGregor posted about the Brazilian fanbase, dos Anjos has seemingly officially challenged Conor for his next fight - and even offered to let him choose the weight class.

The dos Anjos bout may be the one that McGregor said fell through in Rio De Janeiro, remember they were supposed to face-off in 2016 for dos Anjos' Lightweight title, but owing to a broken foot the Brazilian pulled out.

RDA hasn't exactly been on a roll lately, losing consecutive bouts to Colby Covington and Kamaru Usman, but McGregor isn't invincible, and if the fight happened there's every chance dos Anjos could send 'Mystic Mac' crashing to the mat.

News Now - Sport News