Aintree will be buzzing this weekend as thousands descend on the historic racecourse for the 172nd running of the Grand National.
The biggest race in the British racing calendar will be off at 5:15pm this Saturday where 40 horses will battle it out over 30 fences over four-and-a-half miles.
The runners and riders will try to navigate the tough course that includes some of the most famous hurdles in the world, including Becher’s Brook and The Chair.
GIVEMEBET looks at five horses to keep an eye out for:
- Tiger Roll – The 2018 winner was victorious in a photo-finish last year and leads the betting this time around. Jockey Davey Russell has the chance to be the first back-to-back winner of the National since Red Rum infamously repeated in 1974. Victory last time out at Cheltenham makes Tiger Roll the horse to beat. Current odds – 4/1.
- Rathvinden – The Irish horse is vying amongst a host of challengers, although the 11-year-old has only raced twice in the last year, finishing first over three miles at Fairyhouse in February on the back of a 305-day break. Current odds – 10/1.
- Anibale Fly – Barry Geraghty will be aboard the JP McManus horse and both jockey and owner are previous National winners, victorious in 2003 and 2010 respectively. Runner-up in the last two outings Anibale Fly finished second by two-and-a-half lengths in the Cheltenham Gold Cup last month. Current odds – 14/1.
- Rock the Kasbah – Another of the Irish contingent Rock the Kasbah has not raced this year and struggled last time out at Cheltenham in December 2018 finishing 6th from nine runners. A winner at the same venue a month earlier offers potential but Aintree is not for the faint hearted. Current odds – 16/1.
- Joe Farrell – Running with the lowest weight handicap in the race, over a full stone lighter than the favourite, Joe Farrell has attracted some betting attention. His last win was a year ago in Ayr over 4 miles in the Scottish Grand National netting punters a 33/1 winner. Current odds – 18/1.
GIVEMEBET New Customer Offer: Tiger Roll to win the Grand National – NOW 25/1!
Key Terms: New customers only. Expires at the start of the race (17:15 06/04/19). Max stake £1. Bonus funds credited within 24 hours. Turnover requirement of 7x the bonus funds value within 30 days at the min odds of 1.6.
All odds accurate at time of publishing and are subject to fluctuation. T&C’s apply. 18+. www.begambleaware.orgNews Now - Sport News